If you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen and want a kitchen counter material that will impress, we have some helpful insights to share. With so many kitchen counter materials to choose from, it can be hard to decide on the one that best suits your needs. Here we cover five of the most popular kitchen countertop materials to use for an elegant kitchen:
- Granite is durable, extremely hard, and easy to clean which makes it perfect for high traffic kitchen spaces. You can find granite countertops made from many different types of stone, so you are sure to find the right color to match your kitchen design. However, because it’s an igneous rock, there will be some variation between slabs. People tend to like the variation as it gives your kitchen a unique look.
- Soapstone is a metamorphic rock which means it can be carved into smooth kitchen counters with ease. An important note to mention, the soapstone color may fade over time. If using soapstone as your countertop material, we recommend you choose a darker-colored stone for your kitchen area.
- Marble is a common kitchen countertop material that is both tasteful and stylish. Marble kitchen countertops are available in many different colors, so you’ll be able to find the right material to match your overall kitchen design. Just like granite, it is a metamorphic rock, so there will be some variation between pieces to give your kitchen a one-of-a-kind look.
- Quartz is one of the most popular kitchen countertop materials on the market. It’s a man-made kitchen countertop material that is composed of 93% natural quartz and can be made in many different colors to add depth and character to your kitchen area. Quartz kitchen countertops are relatively easy to maintain which makes them great for high traffic kitchen areas since they also resist heat, scratches, and stains.
- Ceramic tile is a classic kitchen countertop material because it’s easy to clean and maintain, durable, and can be made into endless color variations. However, because tile kitchen counters will need to be grouted, which is porous, they will absorb any liquids that might spill. Keep this in mind as the grout may need to be re-done over the years.
No matter which kitchen countertop option you choose, it is sure to create an elegant space in the heart of your home!
At Rossi Construction, we have been helping families in the Tampa Bay area create their dream kitchens for over 20 years. If your kitchen requires an update, don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule your free estimate. Call 813.436.0177.