Thinking of selling your home and wanting to increase your home’s value first? Any real estate agent will confirm, two of the most popular focal points for a prospective home buyer are the kitchen and bathrooms of a home they are considering.
In this blog post, we focus on a simple kitchen upgrade that could make all the difference in selling your home and increasing its value – kitchen cabinet remodeling. Here are a few ways to upgrade your kitchen cabinets to increase your home’s value:
- Paint the Cabinets – It could be as simple as this to draw the buyer in. Painting outdated cabinets is always a good idea or consider removing select cabinet doors entirely to display your plates, cups, recipe books, décor, and more. You could add glass door inserts that would still achieve an open concept while displaying your kitchen items.
- Remove Outdated Cabinets – Another idea is to remove outdated cabinets altogether and replace them with open shelving. There’s a variety of options of the size, depth, and color of paint or stain to use. Open shelving is especially popular in farmhouse-type kitchens.
- Install Lighting Under the Cabinets – Accentuate your cabinets and their contents with lighting, which adds a touch of elegance to your kitchen. If you’re hiring out the work, don’t’ forget to mention this idea to your general contractor so they can plan for the electrical component, materials, and placement.
- Add an Island – If your space allows, add an island for more counter and cabinet space. They’re functional and a great selling point! They also offer additional seating which home buyers love.
- Don’t Forget the “Extras” – When upgrading your kitchen cabinets, don’t forget a few features that are great additions to any kitchen. Think sliding drawers for ease and functionality. For aesthetic purposes, invest in new cabinet door hardware, beadboard on cabinet ends or the kitchen island, and a new backsplash. Just make sure any extras such as these match the kitchen cabinets and the overall look you’re going for. Home buyers are looking for the extra touches when deciding which home is better than the next.
You can’t go wrong with thoughtful upgrades to your kitchen cabinets. Simple upgrades like the few we mentioned above won’t break the bank and will certainly impact the resale potential of your property.
Some can be achieved with a DIY project if you’re savvy with home remodeling. If you’d rather leave it to a professional, our team at Rossi Construction would love to take on your kitchen cabinet upgrades or your entire kitchen remodel. Contact us today to request an estimate or call us directly at 813-436-0177.