People all over the world have fallen in love with modern architecture. You’ll find modern architecture design elements in many commercial buildings in your larger or trendy cities in particular. Inspired by their sleek and simple characteristics, more and more homeowners are requesting their contractor and architect team deliver a modern home with their new construction or home remodeling project.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 architectural design elements for a modern home.
- Simplicity in the Design – The phrase “less is more” rings true for a modern home. You won’t find excessive ornamentation, but instead, bare minimum elements that promote a stress-free environment. Simple doesn’t equate to boring. Often the simplest designs are the most sophisticated.
- Clean and Crisp Lines – Modern Architecture favors linearity over decorative or curvilinear geometry. Look for prominent horizontal and vertical elements. You’ll notice most modern homes are square or rectangular.
- Incorporating a Mix of Materials – Steel, concrete, glass, and wood are the four most prominent materials found in modern homes. Typically, a combination of materials like the ones listed above is used to achieve that overall modern look. The differences in textures make them stand out while complementing each other at the same time.
- Utilizing Natural Light – Think large windows and skylights as a source of natural light. Some homeowners may use this as an opportunity to include an atrium or sunroom in their remodel plans.
- Integration of Interior and Exterior Space. The inside and outside should match with the materials carrying over from interior to exterior. Strategic placement of windows and doors will play a key role in achieving a cohesive look.
Take a look at a recent Rossi Construction project for a great example of modern architecture at its finest. Here you’ll find the clean crisp lines, a variety of materials and textures used both inside and outside, and many windows for natural lighting.
Building a new home and contemplating a modern architecture home design? You’ve come to the right place. Count on our team to make your modern home renovation goals a reality! Contact us today by calling 813.436.0177 to discuss your ideas and schedule a free in-home estimate. We look forward to working with you!