Been thinking about turning that extra space in your home into a man cave? We can help you brainstorm ideas to match your personality. We break down the ten must-have design elements and details to consider here:
- Location – Have a bonus room, attic, basement, or garage you’re not using to its full potential? Consider turning it into the man cave you’ve always wanted. Scouting the location is your first step.
- Theme – Next, you will need to select a theme. What are your hobbies and how will you spend your time in your man cave? This will determine the design and overall look of the room. For example, if you’re a wine enthusiast, consider incorporating a wine cellar and perhaps a more sophisticated design. Some common themes include the “sports bar,” “rustic/hunting cabin,” and “music fan” man caves. Furniture, paint selections, and fixtures will all be determined by your room’s purpose.
- Functional Layout – Let us help you plan this in advance. First, choose the room’s main focal point. It’s typically one wall where you’ll place your TV(s), music stage, or anything that requires construction elements for example. Once this is determined, it’s easier to map out the rest of the room.
- Entertainment Center/Wall Built-Ins – Time spent in your man cave will likely center around watching sports. So, it makes sense to have at least one wall for an entertainment center or wall built-ins for your large flat-screen TV or multiple TVs. Easily watch all your favorite teams at the same time!
- Bar/Beverage Station – When you think of “man cave” one of the top things that comes to mind is the bar setup. Elaborate or simple, we can help you plan the placement of your bar’s counter space, cabinets, refrigerator, cigar humidor, and more. Invest in a roll-around cooler for those extra lazy days.
- Bathroom – There’s never a reason to leave if you incorporate a half bathroom in your design. We suggest keeping it simple but don’t skimp on this feature.
- Proper Lighting – For the right ambiance, accentuate the room with soft lighting and dimmer switches so that lighting can be controlled when watching movies or sporting events. The right lighting can usually be achieved with overhead cans. Add a masculine light fixture above your billiard or cards table for a fun touch. Consider adding backlighting to highlight your prized possessions and your bar’s drink selections. If you have the option, strategically add windows so the natural light’s glare doesn’t take away from the big game.
- Comfortable Seating – Select comfortable couches, a few recliners, and don’t forget bar stools for the bar. Think about the number of family and friends you normally entertain to determine if you have enough seats for everyone.
- Wall Decorations – These should match the theme of your man cave. Sports memorabilia, posters, artwork – Whatever your hobby, present us your items before the work begins and we’ll create some solid ideas to display them properly.
- Games – You want an interactive element to keep your guests entertained. Popular choices for a man cave include a billiards table, poker table, and dartboards.
Count on the Rossi Construction team to make your dream of a man cave a reality. Visit our website to discover more about the services we provide to Tampa Bay area homeowners or contact us today by calling 813.436.0177 to schedule a free in-home estimate.Tags: Home Improvements, man cave, Man Cave Renovation, Remodel Project, Rossi Construction, Rossi Construction FL, Rossi Construction Tampa FL, Tampa Construction, Tampa Contractor, Tampa Remodel, Tampa Renovations