Is your bathroom in need of a refresh? As you start to think of the elements that will make up your dream bathroom, it’s important to keep in mind the functionality of the room too. Creating a bathroom that is not only beautiful but resilient long into the future is key to a successful renovation.
Here are our top 5 bathroom renovation tips for your forever home:
- Pick Practical Flooring: Bathrooms are one of the most used rooms in the house. It is important to pick a durable floor option that can withstand frequent daily use along with excess water from showers and baths. Our top choices for bathroom flooring include ceramic or porcelain tile.
- Have Enough Lighting: It’s annoying when you find yourself in a dimly lit bathroom. For bathrooms to function properly, there needs to be enough light. There should be overhead lighting as well as lighting around the vanity/mirror. Consider using a dimmer switch to control the brightness as you need.
- Wall Protection: There will inevitably be water splashes from the sink and tub. It’s always a smart decision to try and protect your walls as best as possible. Aside from within the shower and bath area, consider added tile, beadboard, or wainscotting to the lower portions of your wall. Not only will this help protect the walls from moisture, but it will also add a unique charm to the room.
- Ensure Proper Ventilation: For your bathroom to stay in great condition for years to come, proper ventilation is crucial. Adding windows is a beneficial option if you have space but an exhaust fan is a must. The purpose being that moisture can properly exit the room so you can later avoid mold and other water damage issues.
- Keep It Bright: From the paint and tile options to the tub, sink basin, and toilet – keep it bright! Not only is it easier to keep clean, but it will help make the bathroom look larger. Also, consider adding additional mirrors as décor to help reflect the light and expand the room.
At Rossi Construction, we have been helping families just like you create the perfect bathrooms for their needs! We invite you to stop dreaming and put our expert designers to the test for your next bathroom Remodeling makeover. Contact us today to set up your free in-home estimate by calling: 813.436.0177