Looking for ways to boost your curb appeal? We’ve compiled a list of home renovations and some DIY projects that will make your home stand out. Whether you’re wanting to sell your home soon or simply want to increase its value, boosting your curb appeal is a great way to do it! In this guide, we will discuss some of the most popular home renovation projects and how they can help improve your curb appeal.
Home Renovations to Boost Your Curb Appeal include:
- Reconfigure the Home’s Overall Layout – If it’s within your budget and you’re ready to take on the project, hire a professional residential contractor to do a complete overhaul of your home’s design. If done correctly, major renovations to an older or outdated home will certainly aid in curb appeal. If room allows, an addition to your home that is made to look seamless may be all that’s needed to achieve the curb appeal you desire.
- Renew Paint, Siding, and Trim – An exterior upgrade is a sure way to keep your home and its curb appeal looking excellent. Concrete, stucco, and brick masonry can often be restored without major disruption to household activities. These repair services can also protect against continuing water damage due to cracks or gaps. Many turn to siding and trim work for a completely new look, but sometimes all you need is a new coat of paint that will make your home look clean, bright, and welcoming. When choosing a color, be sure to pick something that compliments your home’s style and the surrounding neighborhood. If you have outdated brick, consider whitewashing it for a modern look.
- Add Dimension to the Roofline – If the front of your home lacks dimension in the roofline, you might consider adding a gable roof front porch that will give your home a fresh look. There are many variations of gable roofs that will add dimension and a trusted roofing company in your area will instruct you on what is best for your home based on your ideas and budget.
- Invest in New Windows – Not only will new windows improve the aesthetics of your home, but they will also offer better protection from the Florida elements with hurricane impact windows, for example. Making the switch to new windows from older, sometimes single pane windows means you and your family are also better protected from windows being shattered by accident and can deter robbers due to the fact they will be more durable, and difficult to break into.
- Tile Your Doorstep and Walkway – The entry to your front door should look well kept. Consider tile or pavers that complement the rest of your home’s overall design and color scheme. This also includes making sure your driveway is in top shape. If It’s cracked or stained, now’s the time to resurface, but oftentimes a simple pressure washing will do to remove dirt and grime.
- The Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Projects – Somehomeowners are perfectly capable of navigating a simple DIY home project, but leave the major construction elements to a licensed and insured contractor such as Rossi Construction to tackle. Here are a few DIY projects to incorporate for a boost in curb appeal.
- Front Door – Give the front door a pop of color with fresh paint and new door hardware.
- Landscaping – Spruce up your flower beds and landscaping, and invest in your yard – keep it green and well-manicured.
- Mailbox – Give your mailbox a makeover – if you need to, install a new one and add a planter box with an assortment of plants and flowers – anything that’s tasteful and catches the eye.
- Lighting – Add low-voltage outdoor lighting to illuminate walkways and accent lighting to trees. Another option is solar outdoor lights which are budget-friendly and easy to install but won’t produce as much light as wired lights.
These are just a few home renovation ideas to boost your curb appeal. By incorporating some of these elements into your home renovations, you’re very likely to grab the attention of your neighbors and passersby. Our team at Rossi Construction would enjoy the opportunity to provide you with an estimate for your Tampa Bay home renovation project. Visit our website or call us today at 813-436-0177. And if it’s not in our scope of work, we’ll gladly recommend a reputable roofing or window company, for example, that we know and trust to get the job done right. Here’s to your successful curb appealing home renovation project!Tags: Boost Curb Appeal, Boost Your Curb Appeal, Curb Appeal, DIY Home Projects, DIY Renovations, Home Improvements, Home Improvements for Curb Appeal, Tampa Construction, tampa general contractor, Tampa Remodel, tampa remodeling, tampa remodeling project