There is no doubt that even planning a Tampa home renovation project can be time-consuming and stressful to the entire family. The process includes finding a trusted contractor, pursuing construction permits, securing money and planning for the unexpected. Here are some remodeling and renovation preparation tips from our pros at Rossi Construction, Inc. to help you get started the right way!
Plan: Know what you will need for the Tampa home renovation project.
- It is vital that you do your homework. Start with a list of preferences for items like flooring, appliances, lighting and the detail features too. Include brand names in your list of preferences. Keeping things out in the open will keep you and the Tampa general contractor on the same page about the costs and the quality of the products being used. The more detailed your list, the easier it will be for you to make the connection with a general contractor.
- Allow your ideas to hit paper by making sketches, and draw your ideas for the floor plans in the remodel. This will give your general contractor a visual to work with in his or her efforts to bring the renovation to life.
Budget: Keep a tight watch on your bank account!
- Never just make the budget a matter of what products you want a general contractor to use, you need to add the estimate for how much installation will cost. Factor this information along with miscellaneous expenses such as dining out, if construction makes your kitchen temporarily unavailable to your family. If you look at the big picture, it will lead to a realistic budget.
- If it is possible set aside and additional 10% – 15% more than you figure the Tampa remodeling project will ultimately cost.
Hiring a Team: Never be afraid to ask the right questions!
- Ask a potential general contractor what type of warranty will be offered, and what the warranty covers.
- Always ask for a copy of his or her business license.
- Determine who will be responsible for getting the permits for the job.
Rossi Construction, Inc. invites anyone interested in renovating their Tampa home to call 813.436.0177 to set a time and date for a free remodeling consultation.