A bathroom remodeling project can be an exciting task. But, before making the jump to choosing the latest tile or shower design, there are some less exciting things to contemplate so your project turns out just the way you want. Because bathroom remodeling can be overwhelming, time-consuming and expensive, we prepared a checklist to make sure that your project stays on track and the remodel runs smoothly.
- Work sequence.
- Hidden problems.
- Design style.
- Plumbing fixtures.
- Cabinets and storage.
- Going green.
- Final clean after the project.
A bathroom renovation project can be the project of a lifetime! If you have completed all of these tasks, call the team from Rossi Construction, Inc. at 813.436.0177 to schedule an appointment for a free bathroom remodeling consultation.
Making a bathroom easily accessible to people with a disability can significantly improve their quality of life within the home. The bathroom has specific challenges for those who use wheelchairs or walkers, as well as people with mobility issues. Solving these problems with a remodel can help make the bathroom user-friendly and accessible for elderly or otherwise-abled members of the household.
If you choose to modify the bathroom for a person who is using a wheelchair or a walker, make sure the doorway to your bathroom is large enough to comfortably allow a wheelchair to access. This means expanding the door to 36” wide to accommodate enough space to turn the wheelchair around completely. Remember that the turning radius for a wheelchair is typically 60” of clear space in the dead center of the bathroom.
The sink in an accessible bathroom may mean a few different things. In a bathroom used by a wheelchair user, the sink needs to open underneath to allow the wheelchair user to wheel straight up to it. For someone using a walker for mobility, it may be necessary to raise the sink to 34” instead of 31”, so there is no need for the user to slump at the sink. You will also want to have a general contractor install lever handles on the faucet, rather than the type of handle which require the additional leverage grasping requires.
An accessible tub contains:
- A door that is vacuum sealed when shut.
- The door is opened to allow the user to enter and sealed before filling.
- The tub must be fitted with grab bars to help the user to enter and exit safely.
- The shower head should be handheld and moveable to allow for greater control.
An accessible shower contains:
- The shower must be roll-in, without a curb.
- If there is a small curb, it should be fitted with a seat.
- The shower must be fitted with grab bars to help with safe entrance and exit.
- The shower head must be handheld and easily moved to allow for greater control.
No matter if you have a tub or shower, you will want to have a lever or touch-operated valve system to operate the water. Levers will allow for greater control!
If it is time to assess your bathroom for handicap accessibility, please call Rossi Construction at 813.436.0177 to set an appointment for a free consultation.
Have you thought about your any bathroom in your home today? Really, has it crossed your mind even a little? It should. Your bathrooms are a critical part of your home and your daily happiness in your home. If you are giving a little thought to remodeling your home, a bathroom remodeling project should be at the top of your list. Here are some reasons why you should consider having a team from Rossi Construction, Inc. remodel your bathroom.
You spend a large chunk of your life in the bathroom.
No matter how ridiculous it may sound, you spend a lot of your day in the bathroom. You take baths and showers, you prepare for the day and you use the bathroom for the more private aspects of your personal life. Behind your bedroom, the bathroom is almost always visited by someone in your household. Why not spend the time and cash making it inviting?
Some people will argue that because the amount of time you spend in the bathroom is generally short, it does not warrant much attention, but if you add all of the short visits, you will begin to understand why the argument is not sound. Instead of neglecting comfort in a room you actually spend a lot of time in, spend a little time considering ways to remodel and renovate the space.
Guests will always find a reason to use your bathroom.
It is a guarantee that visitors to your home will ask permission to use your bathroom. If this is concerning, you will want to make sure that your bathroom looks as good as the kitchen looks. Do not spend your entire budget on the kitchen and living room, only to have the guests be surprised by a bathroom from 1952.
It is possible for a bathroom remodeling to help you save money.
Your bathroom is a good room to remodel if you are looking to save money. Simple fixture changes could lower a water bill, reduce heating costs and help you save on energy bills. Remodeling a bathroom can allow for more light and could diminish the need for expensive lighting. There is even the potential to prevent plumbing disasters from a simple renovation.
With a better understanding of the benefits associated with bathroom remodeling, it is time to call 813.436.0177 to schedule your free consultation with Rossi Construction, Inc.
Think of any old home and all you can picture is a 5’ x 8’ bathroom! That tends to be a little cramped! New homes these days have a guest bathroom or an oversized closet this size. It is important to keep your bathroom beautiful without going overboard on the budget! So, how can you manage this seemingly impossible task of meshing style and affordability!?
Not to worry, it will not take a ton of cash or lots of space to create a bathroom that radiates peace and tranquility. All you need are some ideas, a creative general contractor from Rossi Construction, Inc. and planning. With great colors, the right lighting and scaling down hardware, you will be able to create the illusion of a spacious bathroom.
Hit the ground with a smart plan and you are on your way to a wow-worthy bathroom remodeling project! Here are some tips to employ before you start the remodeling.
Tips for remodeling a small bathroom:
Bathroom renovation can quickly get out of hand. A one-of-a-kind sink, a granite countertop and the like can add to the costs quicker than you can say “over budget.” Here are pointers that should be part of your plan when you start bathroom renovation project.
Do not be afraid to have a budget!
This sounds like common sense, right? Still, people do not usually consider the financial implications until the very end of the bathroom redesign project and they are unable to handle the debt. Figure out what you want to spend your money on and make a compromise with the things you can afford at the start of your project. Have someone from Rossi Construction, Inc. sit with you while the calculations are completed, so the two of you can agree on all that needs to be completed.
Leave the plumbing where it started!
The sink, shower and toilet are always best left in their original position. It may look easy to make the move, but it will involve a lot of work to modify and move the plumbing to new sites. A plumbing move may even involve work on the walls and additional rooms within your home. This can be too much work and you will need to spend much of your budget to get the move completed. Spend the money on other, more important fixtures and fittings.
Add bigger, better lights!
Try adding sconces on either side of a vanity mirror. Do not forget to add a dimmer, they come in handy when it is time to relax in the bath.
Ventilate the bathroom!
A vented exhaust fan is a must for smaller bathrooms. Way too much moisture can age fixtures and fittings, which can put all of your renovation efforts to waste.
Try these small bathroom remodeling ideas to make sure that the end result is pleasing to look at and affordable as well. Contact the Rossi Construction, Inc. specialists at 813.436.0177 to set an appointment for a free bathroom remodeling consultation.
Remodeling a Bathroom for ADA Compliance:
If you have a need to remodel a bathroom in your Tampa home, or build a new bathroom that is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, there are a number of different factors that you will need to consider before beginning the project. The most important consideration when working toward ADA compliance are limitations affecting the person you are designing the bathroom for.
In some cases revisions may be needed for accessibility, while in other situations safety may be the concern of the day. For example, the bathroom features needed for someone who use a wheelchair could vary greatly from the needs of a person with a different kind of physical infirmity or mobility issue. Many people are also redesigning a bathroom for easier accessibility for either themselves or older family members, preparing before age requires an immediate and sloppy redesign. Some people are even adding an ADA compliant bathroom to their home in an attempt to increase their property value and make the home more desirable to potential buyers. If you are ready to go ahead with an ADA compliant bathroom in your own Tampa home, here are factors to consider.
Guidelines for ADA Compliance:
- The door needs to swing outward.
- The bathroom needs to be at least 32 inches wide.
- The doors should have latches that can also unlatch from the outside.
- The floor, including the threshold area, needs to be level to allow easy wheelchair access.
- The bathroom needs to be roughly five feet in diameter to allow a 360 degree turn by a wheelchair.
The specialists from Rossi Construction, Inc. can help you design an ADA compliant bathroom that makes life easier for the entire family! Contact us at 813.436.0177 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation today!
There is no doubt that even planning a Tampa home renovation project can be time-consuming and stressful to the entire family. The process includes finding a trusted contractor, pursuing construction permits, securing money and planning for the unexpected. Here are some remodeling and renovation preparation tips from our pros at Rossi Construction, Inc. to help you get started the right way!
Plan: Know what you will need for the Tampa home renovation project.
- It is vital that you do your homework. Start with a list of preferences for items like flooring, appliances, lighting and the detail features too. Include brand names in your list of preferences. Keeping things out in the open will keep you and the Tampa general contractor on the same page about the costs and the quality of the products being used. The more detailed your list, the easier it will be for you to make the connection with a general contractor.
- Allow your ideas to hit paper by making sketches, and draw your ideas for the floor plans in the remodel. This will give your general contractor a visual to work with in his or her efforts to bring the renovation to life.
Budget: Keep a tight watch on your bank account!
- Never just make the budget a matter of what products you want a general contractor to use, you need to add the estimate for how much installation will cost. Factor this information along with miscellaneous expenses such as dining out, if construction makes your kitchen temporarily unavailable to your family. If you look at the big picture, it will lead to a realistic budget.
- If it is possible set aside and additional 10% – 15% more than you figure the Tampa remodeling project will ultimately cost.
Hiring a Team: Never be afraid to ask the right questions!
- Ask a potential general contractor what type of warranty will be offered, and what the warranty covers.
- Always ask for a copy of his or her business license.
- Determine who will be responsible for getting the permits for the job.
Rossi Construction, Inc. invites anyone interested in renovating their Tampa home to call 813.436.0177 to set a time and date for a free remodeling consultation.
Budgeting for a Tampa bathroom remodeling project can be a test of both your time and self-control. It is possible to create a spa retreat in your master bathroom, but does that mean packing a lunch for work for five years? Also, will your bathroom renovation plans cancel out other plans for additional home remodeling projects? Think of a luxury bathroom as an island, if it is set within a home that is in disrepair!
This means you need to approach the bathroom budgeting project with a realistic attitude. Before you get upset, keep in mind that there is almost nothing that is impossible to do on a budget because manufacturers offer a wide range of fixtures and finishes with which you can accomplish goals.
It is time to do your homework!
Begin by researching all of the options currently available on the bathroom remodeling market today. Flip through magazines, visit Pinterest, check local home improvement trade shows, talk to a professional and begin to build a list of everything you are not able to live without. After the wish list is built, revise that to a reality list with pricing.
Ask for the real numbers!
When you are interviewing a professional to do a Tampa bathroom remodel, make sure the number you are being given is both accurate and realistic. Be wary if any professional quotes a project at $40,000 and another claims he can complete the same job for $15,000. You need the hard numbers, something that is only accomplished when a list of materials is chosen before the actual project begins.
Live for the unexpected moments!
The one sure thing about any renovation project is that you will spend more than planned. The key is to keep all of the unexpected overages within reason. There is a fine line between splurging and making foolish mistakes with a budget. Beyond fixture changes, there is also tear-out surprises that can suddenly appear behind the walls.
If it is time to turn your reality based wish list into a Tampa bathroom remodeling project budget, call us at 813.436.0177 to schedule a free consultation. A specialist from Rossi Construction, Inc. will consult with you regarding the realities of a remodeling budget, and put you on the path toward a successful project!
In a statement to Tampa media and remodeling enthusiasts, the bathroom renovation specialists from Rossi Construction, Inc. issued a pocket guide to local homeowners. The guide is intended to serve as a simple tip checklist, by which homeowners can keep the budget for a bathroom renovation project under lock and key.
Jason Rossi launched the tip guide with a simple paint by numbers “best practices” outline, covering topics as simple as budget and as complex as lighting placement
- Rossi explained the best place to start any remodeling project is the budget. Not only will it have a big impact on the type of materials selected for a Tampa bathroom renovation, it will also help set the boundaries the design will incorporate.
- It was explained that going “green” is good for both a family and the environment. Green products often are more appealing in an aesthetic sense, function better, emit fewer chemicals and are often generally healthier because of the care in their design. An eco-friendly approach to remodeling is not just about new products, it can be something as simple as choosing to refurbish wood instead of tossing it in the dump.
- To keep the remodeling budget from jumping, it was suggested that homeowners avoid moving the plumbing! Moving a sink and toilet looks easy at first glance, but the problem lies beneath the surface and the costs involved in moving the plumbing. If one spends less cash moving fixtures, there will be more money to spend on an awesome new shower system.
- Rossi finished by explaining a homeowner does not underestimate the importance of good lighting in a bathroom. Sconce lighting on the vanity is the best way to get even lighting on your face, and installing it at eye level will keep away shadows that really do little for your appearance. Dim lighting makes a relaxing bath perfect, while bright lights make it easy to get ready for work in the morning.
Rossi Construction, Inc. is a general contractor located in Tampa Florida. Rossi Construction, Inc. specializes in residential and commercial construction. Rossi Construction, Inc. has been building excellence by design since 1979. Rossi Construction, Inc. can be found online by visiting http://www.jrossiconstruction.com.
Tips for remodeling a bathroom:
- The best place to start any remodeling project is the budget. Not only will it have a big impact on the type of materials you select for your Tampa bathroom renovation, it will also help you set the boundaries your design will incorporate. Knowing what you are comfortable able to afford will make it easier to decide the items you want to replace, and where you will need to rely on the creativity of a general contractor.
- Going “green” is good for both you and the environment. Green products often are more appealing in an aesthetic sense, function better, emit fewer chemicals and are often generally healthier because of the care in their design. An eco-friendly approach to remodeling is not just about new products, it can be something as simple as choosing to refurbish wood instead of tossing it in the dump.
- Looking for a way to keep the remodeling budget from jumping? Avoid moving the plumbing! Moving a sink and toilet looks easy at first glance, but the problem lies beneath the surface and the costs involved in moving the plumbing. If you spend less cash moving fixtures, there will be more money to spend on an awesome new shower system.
- Do not underestimate the importance of good lighting in a bathroom. Sconce lighting on the vanity is the best way to get even lighting on your face, and installing it at eye level will keep away shadows that really do little for your appearance. Dim lighting makes a relaxing bath perfect, while bright lights make it easy to get ready for work in the morning.
If your bathroom is in need of a renovation review, give Rossi Construction, Inc. a call at 813.436.0177 to set a date and time for a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!
People often wonder if it makes sense to hire a general contractor for their Tampa home remodeling or renovation project. It depends on the nature of the project, your construction knowledge and the free time you have on your hands. First, we really need to talk about cost.
As with any service, there is a cost associated with hiring a general contractor for your home renovation project; it falls to them to pay a staff and ultimately make a profit for their company. Unlike some other service providers, all fees are clearly stated. The problem is that the fee for a general contractor is often buried in the overall price of the project, leaving people to assume that general contractors simply buy a product and resell it at a profit. That is not really the case. A general contractor is a service company, providing expertise, planning, management, advice and problem solving skills. If you have the time and the expertise, there is no reason for you to rely on the services of a trained professional. If you are honest with yourself about the commitment required, you will see that managing a large construction project takes time and expertise that you just do not have.
For the right Tampa renovation project, a good general contractor will save you money in the end. Projects will be completed much more quickly, there will be fewer mistakes made and there will be minimal need for reworking a completed segment of a project. If problems do arise during the renovation, the general contractor can work with you to value engineer cost-effective solutions. In addition, the general contractor will also manage subcontractors to ensure that the work produced is of the highest possible quality. It all saves you money maintenance down the road.
The bigger and more complex a Tampa remodeling project is, the more likely you are to benefit from the skills and training of a general contractor.
If you are not able to commit the time, and will not be able to be on site when work is being done, then it is in your best interest to find a general contractor to manage your renovation project. Schedule a free consultation with an expert in project management from Rossi Construction, Inc. by calling 813.436.0177.