You might be crazy!
Unlike any other remodeling projects, kitchen renovation is made up of so many things. From the raw to the beautiful, from the pointless to the important, a home remodeling project can overwhelm even a determined homeowner.
On the other hand, a Tampa kitchen remodel instantly raises the value of your home, provides you with a more effective space to cook, and makes you the envy of the neighborhood. So, before beginning the rough but really rewarding project, you need to ask yourself:
- What are my desires for a remodeled kitchen? Is your kitchen a danger zone where you really do not stand a chance boiling an egg? Is the kitchen in need of a fresh face, perhaps new appliances; floors or cabinets? A need could be classified as: “I need a new refrigerator because my old one no longer runs efficiently.” Desires can be classified as: “I need a new dishwasher because my old one is bright orange.”
- Is it really worth the effort to have my kitchen remodeled? Consider the addition of a work crew to your home life over an extended period. If you can see working around the renovation project, a remodeling project is a good idea that can add value to the home.
- Do you want a kitchen renovation project that goes down to the bones, or do you want to keep it on the surface level? There is no shame in either choice.
Our specialists have years of experience remodeling kitchens in and around Tampa and are all well-versed in the intricacies of what homeowners are really looking for in the perfect kitchen. Schedule a time with a member of our team to run through the basics, and discover if you have what it takes to remodel a kitchen or if you will think the project is crazy. Call us today at 813.436.0177!
There is no doubt that even planning a Tampa home renovation project can be time-consuming and stressful to the entire family. The process includes finding a trusted contractor, pursuing construction permits, securing money and planning for the unexpected. Here are some remodeling and renovation preparation tips from our pros at Rossi Construction, Inc. to help you get started the right way!
Plan: Know what you will need for the Tampa home renovation project.
- It is vital that you do your homework. Start with a list of preferences for items like flooring, appliances, lighting and the detail features too. Include brand names in your list of preferences. Keeping things out in the open will keep you and the Tampa general contractor on the same page about the costs and the quality of the products being used. The more detailed your list, the easier it will be for you to make the connection with a general contractor.
- Allow your ideas to hit paper by making sketches, and draw your ideas for the floor plans in the remodel. This will give your general contractor a visual to work with in his or her efforts to bring the renovation to life.
Budget: Keep a tight watch on your bank account!
- Never just make the budget a matter of what products you want a general contractor to use, you need to add the estimate for how much installation will cost. Factor this information along with miscellaneous expenses such as dining out, if construction makes your kitchen temporarily unavailable to your family. If you look at the big picture, it will lead to a realistic budget.
- If it is possible set aside and additional 10% – 15% more than you figure the Tampa remodeling project will ultimately cost.
Hiring a Team: Never be afraid to ask the right questions!
- Ask a potential general contractor what type of warranty will be offered, and what the warranty covers.
- Always ask for a copy of his or her business license.
- Determine who will be responsible for getting the permits for the job.
Rossi Construction, Inc. invites anyone interested in renovating their Tampa home to call 813.436.0177 to set a time and date for a free remodeling consultation.
Tips for remodeling a bathroom:
- The best place to start any remodeling project is the budget. Not only will it have a big impact on the type of materials you select for your Tampa bathroom renovation, it will also help you set the boundaries your design will incorporate. Knowing what you are comfortable able to afford will make it easier to decide the items you want to replace, and where you will need to rely on the creativity of a general contractor.
- Going “green” is good for both you and the environment. Green products often are more appealing in an aesthetic sense, function better, emit fewer chemicals and are often generally healthier because of the care in their design. An eco-friendly approach to remodeling is not just about new products, it can be something as simple as choosing to refurbish wood instead of tossing it in the dump.
- Looking for a way to keep the remodeling budget from jumping? Avoid moving the plumbing! Moving a sink and toilet looks easy at first glance, but the problem lies beneath the surface and the costs involved in moving the plumbing. If you spend less cash moving fixtures, there will be more money to spend on an awesome new shower system.
- Do not underestimate the importance of good lighting in a bathroom. Sconce lighting on the vanity is the best way to get even lighting on your face, and installing it at eye level will keep away shadows that really do little for your appearance. Dim lighting makes a relaxing bath perfect, while bright lights make it easy to get ready for work in the morning.
If your bathroom is in need of a renovation review, give Rossi Construction, Inc. a call at 813.436.0177 to set a date and time for a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!
People often wonder if it makes sense to hire a general contractor for their Tampa home remodeling or renovation project. It depends on the nature of the project, your construction knowledge and the free time you have on your hands. First, we really need to talk about cost.
As with any service, there is a cost associated with hiring a general contractor for your home renovation project; it falls to them to pay a staff and ultimately make a profit for their company. Unlike some other service providers, all fees are clearly stated. The problem is that the fee for a general contractor is often buried in the overall price of the project, leaving people to assume that general contractors simply buy a product and resell it at a profit. That is not really the case. A general contractor is a service company, providing expertise, planning, management, advice and problem solving skills. If you have the time and the expertise, there is no reason for you to rely on the services of a trained professional. If you are honest with yourself about the commitment required, you will see that managing a large construction project takes time and expertise that you just do not have.
For the right Tampa renovation project, a good general contractor will save you money in the end. Projects will be completed much more quickly, there will be fewer mistakes made and there will be minimal need for reworking a completed segment of a project. If problems do arise during the renovation, the general contractor can work with you to value engineer cost-effective solutions. In addition, the general contractor will also manage subcontractors to ensure that the work produced is of the highest possible quality. It all saves you money maintenance down the road.
The bigger and more complex a Tampa remodeling project is, the more likely you are to benefit from the skills and training of a general contractor.
If you are not able to commit the time, and will not be able to be on site when work is being done, then it is in your best interest to find a general contractor to manage your renovation project. Schedule a free consultation with an expert in project management from Rossi Construction, Inc. by calling 813.436.0177.
Imagine spending hours tearing the pages from home magazines, weeks getting lost in Tampa remodeling plans, finally choosing the look wanted for a remodeling project and then throwing it all out the window by going with the first general contractor on the internet. No! The question remains: Who will be the right general contractor for the job? To assist with the selection of the right Tampa general contractor, Rossi Construction, Inc. has built the comprehensive list of questions to ask potential contractors and builders.
- Can you tell us a little about the Tampa remodeling projects you have completed?
Rossi Construction, Inc. suggests matching the remodeling job to the right contractor or builder. Some contractors may have a better track record with new construction, while others have the knack to give Tampa homes a facelift with a remodeling project. The specialists from Rossi Construction, Inc. explain that it is also a good idea to explore pricing options, because all projects need to be geared toward the specialty area of the participants.
- May we see examples of completed Tampa remodeling projects?
A credible general contractor will always be proud of his or her own work, and enjoy sharing completed projects with potential clients. Never be afraid to shy away from a general contractor with a style that is vastly different than a proposed remodeling project.
- May we see verification of your license and insurance?
- How long have you been remodeling houses in and around Tampa?
- Who will be the primary point of contact on the worksite?
In preparation for a Tampa remodeling project, it is vital that a homeowner does not hesitate to inform himself or herself regarding the qualification of potential general contractors. The specialists from Rossi Construction, Inc. do not hesitate to answer the questions.
Rossi Construction, Inc. is a general contractor located in Tampa Florida. Rossi Construction, Inc. specializes in residential and commercial construction. Rossi Construction, Inc. has been building excellence by design since 1979. Rossi Construction, Inc. can be found online by visiting http://www.jrossiconstruction.com.
There is a lot to think about, select and organize on a Tampa remodeling project, whether it is a single room or a whole-house remodeling plan. Small remodeling projects often have the same list of tasks as larger projects, and the same potential for material selection and delivery to throw your schedule for a loop. Anything can go wrong during a Tampa remodeling project, but some parts will cause more difficulty than others.
Here are a couple of areas you should keep an extra close eye on as you plan any Tampa remodeling project for your home.
Cabinets affect a wide range of tradespeople who are lined-up to work directly after their installation during your Tampa remodeling project. Flooring, tile and countertop installation are all linked to the casework in both baths and kitchens. Ordering cabinets requires multiple layers of design and selection, including decisions about room layout; door function; wood and paint; and molding choices. A field measure will also be a must.
Expect a floor plan and drawings showing how cabinets will look straight-on, with complete measurements and notes. You will need to approve these before production can begin.
Narrow the number of wood choices and general style of the cabinets early, so the biggest decisions are out of the way early. Knowing the lead time from the cabinet shop is also critical, and it will not hurt to add an extra cushion to that to make sure your cabinets arrive on time.
When you make tile selections, you will have to consider more than just how it looks after the Tampa remodeling project is complete. You also need to make sure the tile you select has all of the pieces necessary for installation, a question an architect or a tile setter will be able to answer. Still, there are times that the tile will arrive with all of the appropriate pieces but it is still not quite right due to color differences from the sample. The dimensions and colors may not be quite what you saw in the showroom, particularly if you have chosen a natural stone or slate. It is important to understand that even factory-made tile can vary from one batch to another.
Ask for a sample from the local tile supplier’s warehouse to ensure that the stock delivered is what you really want for your Tampa remodeling project.
Taking care to correctly measure, allow for extra time in a cabinet order and verify color tile all can help prevent snags from occurring in your Tampa remodeling project. The team from Rossi Construction, Inc. can also provide additional tips and tricks that you should always take into account, and would be glad to do as such in a private consultation at your home. You can schedule an appointment by calling our office at 813.436.0177!
How Rossi Construction, Inc. does business in and around Tampa, Florida:
What to expect from Rossi Construction, Inc.
From project inception to project completion, we anticipate any and all situations that may arise during your Tampa remodeling project. Some include logistics, noise concerns and your continued quality of life at home during the remodel. We also work with the neighborhood before construction begins, to ensure that possible concerns are brought directly to us and addressed with speed. Our skilled and professional contractors are all trained to minimize safety concerns and hazards that you and your family may be exposed to. All of our Rossi Construction, Inc. professionals will offer advice about safety precautions to take at home, to ensure that your family and pets are protected during the Tampa remodeling project.
The Rossi Construction, Inc. construction process:
From the beginning, we identify your needs, wants and vision for the Tampa remodeling project. Whether your project is big or small, requires a design, or requires an assessment regarding how easily you will be able to use your home as you age, our process is systemized and addresses each project individually.
For your Tampa remodeling project, we begin by creating a detailed plan of action, developed by using valuable information gathered at the consultation appointment and pre-construction conference.
Your dreams, your budget:
Rossi Construction, Inc. incorporates your needs and visions into the process every step of the way. By having our team involved in the design, we can ensure the project is built as designed and within budgetary guidelines.
Rossi Construction, Inc. is a full service Tampa remodeling contractor who works with a dependable and talented network of contractors, designers and suppliers.
If it is time for a Tampa remodeling project, the professionals from Rossi Construction, Inc. are prepared to get a meeting for a consultation set. Call us at 813.436.0177 to get a date on the calendar!
If the itch for a shiny kitchen has you preparing for a Tampa remodeling project, our team suggests you first prepare by creating a home renovation checklist. Do not let a hammer near your home if these steps have not been followed!
Launch a wish list for your Tampa remodeling project!
In a single column, write down all of the luxury items you want in a Tampa remodeling project. The other column must serve as a collection of necessities for the project. This will allow you to have a clear understanding of where priorities must reside, and give you the opportunity to dream of adding some of the other “wants” when the cash is available. A second bathroom may be a must, but a restaurant grade stainless steel range falls into the “it sure would be nice” category.
Determine your budget for a Tampa remodeling project before calling a general contractor.
Before you schedule a consultation with Rossi Construction, Inc., you will want to determine a base estimate of total budget you consider comfortable. This number will allow both of us to talk open and honestly about all potential plans for the Tampa remodeling project, and what can be accomplished for the investment. If you can swing it, try to build padding of roughly 10% into the budget to allow for all of the unexpected expenses that are always a part of a Tampa remodeling project.
Consult the calendar before scheduling your Tampa remodeling project.
What is your timeline for your Tampa remodeling project? If you want a bathroom added for, say, the birth of your first child, do not wait until it is less than a month before the due date. Likewise, it really is unwise to install a new roof when the rainy season is looming.
If you have completed all of these tasks, call the team from Rossi Construction, Inc. at 813.436.0177 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Rossi Construction, Inc. is an experienced trustworthy full-service Tampa remodeling firm helping a wide variety of clients in the Tampa, Florida area. We create beautiful home additions, remodeled Tampa kitchens and remodeled baths, consistently and professionally adding substantial value to your homes through home remodeling projects.
Having trouble deciding? Not quite sure where to begin with your Tampa remodeling project?
When a homeowner is considering a Tampa remodeling project, the extent of the remodeling work involved is not often apparent. In some cases, it is difficult to know where to begin the work; in other situations, it may seem like it is impossible for a homeowner to decide which project is the right project. Rossi Construction, Inc. is here to help!
Below is a partial list of the Tampa remodeling services we offer. In a remodeling project, most of these services are performed in some capacity. Please review the list of services, and contact us at 813.436.0177 to schedule a consultation to discuss your unique needs. If you do not see a desired Tampa remodeling service, please ask us about it.
Exterior doors and windows
- Install high quality replacement windows.
- Repair rotten wood around windows and doors.
Carpentry and hardware
- Repair or replace doors.
- Repair or replace rotting exterior wood or interior wood.
- Replace, design and install crown molding; chair rails and baseboards.
- Block and brick work.
- Interior tile for kitchens and baths.
- Install under-cabinet lights.
- Install or replace light fixtures and chandeliers.
- Pre-wire new media rooms for installation of electronic components.
- Supply and install tile and hardwood floors.
- Space planning.
- Recommend color and finish selections.
- Closet design consultation and construction.
Have you ever wondered which type of glass or screen-enclosed space connecting your house with the outdoors would suit your Tampa house the best?
A Tampa sunroom, a room which can also be called a solarium or a conservatory, is a glassed-in living space that will most often be attached to the house and accessible while inside the house. It is designed to serve as an additional living area during mild weather, but may be too hot during the heart of a Tampa summer.
Closely related to the sunroom in appearance and execution, a four-season porch, is designed to be heated and cooled. As a result, the porch can be enjoyed for the entire year.
Featuring the same basic structure and construction as a sunroom or a four-season porch, an attached greenhouse structure offers light; temperature and humidity levels that are designed for plants.
The final option has walls constructed of screen or mesh, rather than glass or another building material. This offers the advantage of fresh air without the introduction of nature into a sitting area. Like the sunroom, it is habitable when the weather is agreeable. It can make a great budgetary choice.
Deciding the optimum location for your addition is the first critical step when planning the right materials for your glass or screen enclosed sunroom. Call Rossi Construction, Inc. at 813.436.0177 for a free consultation to discuss the optimum location for an addition.